Super M Clutch

Smith1000

Member
I dropped the metal clutch housing cover on the M tonight to look at the clutch. It seems to be slipping and needs a new clutch. Oil and water ran out--mostly water. Kind of had a green tint to it like anti freeze may be mixed in. Would this be a bad seal or two?

From what I understand, the tractor must be split to replace the clutch as it has a 12 inch clutch.
 
Green Water would be coolant. There are Core plugs in that region that could be leaking. there are no seals that could leak coolant. Cracks could (but we are not discussing cracks).
The tractor does need to be split. JimN
 
Thanks. It definitely needs to come apart. There is no telling when the clutch was last replaced. I have had the tractor close to 20 years, so it may have been in there 30 years or more.

I"ll get started on it very soon now that it is warming up some outside.

I wonder if anyone has some plans for making homeade splitting stands.
 
I don't have any plans, but I have pictures of the stands that I built. I'll see if I can drag them in here.

splitH_1246.jpg


splitH_1247.jpg


splitH_1248.jpg


splitH_1249.jpg
[/img]
 
Those are perfect! Thanks for the photos. I may be able to come up with something that will work. They key is being able to roll the rear back.












(quoted from post at 05:33:17 03/13/08) I don't have any plans, but I have pictures of the stands that I built. I'll see if I can drag them in here.

splitH_1246.jpg


splitH_1247.jpg


splitH_1248.jpg


splitH_1249.jpg
[/img]
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top