Super M Lift All, Missing Fluid

Randy McC

I have a '53 Super M with the engine drive lift-all and reservoir under the gas tank. My hydraulics quit working the other day and I decided to check and change out the hydraulic fluid. The reservoir is nearly empty even though I have no visible leaks and all implements are in the down position. Checked the crankcase oil and I have almost 7 quarts extra (oil above the top test cock). Has anyone had this problem and is the solution a hydraulic pump replacement or rebuild? Is anyone rebuilding these pumps? Appreciate any help. Randy

If your pump is like my 400, you have an internal leak going past the seal on the shaft that drives the pump. When you take it apart you will most likely find that the seal has worn a groove in the shaft. Some will suggest buying a speedi-sleeve to slip over the shaft and I think it might come with the correct seal for your application

Your pump looks similar to the one on my 300. I had the same problem,oil leaking internally and externally as well in my case. I bought a seal kit and replaced the seals a few weeks back. So far, so good.
cvphoto102893.jpg

cvphoto102894.jpg

Thank you for the help. I have removed my pump and will replace the seals. The pump removal was not easy. I don't think the hydraulic system had been opened since the tractor was made. Amazing machines, worked perfectly for 68 years. Wish I could say that about myself. Randy

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back