BARRY HOWARD

New User
My friend has a Super M Farmall. Has a code end of serial number xJ. What does xJ stand for ?
Also has extra eyes on all 3 pedals above floor deck.
 
Ok you have the holes or eyes for return spring under floor deck. This has that & an extra ones above floor. sized for a 3/8 pin.
 
This is a hard one to be sure about. X usually wasn't used on a SM and J wasn't usually used on a M. Around the time period that IH changed the suffixes I think some were mixed. Thinking X maybe for a cotton harvester chassis and J for the Rockford clutch.
Although SM was supposed to use other letters for a cotton harvester chassis. Only other thing is does it have a SM serial number?
Loops on the pedals was for linkage to operate them from anther operators location on the chassis.
 
Is it a Super M because of the decal, or is it an M with the wrong decal? I think your suffix is X1J--on an M the X1 means gasoline engine, J means 7 mph 4th gear, 5000 ft altitude pistons. Look at the serial plate again, if the model is SM it is a Super M, if FBM it is a M. If it is a Super M I have no answer.
 
Except that a SM did not have a fast low and reverse, at least I have never seen it in print on this forum--an option was a low speed 1st and I guess a low speed reverse.
 
Unfortunately The poster say's SM and also doesn't say there's a one between X and J.
Need more information or a picture of the ID plate so we stop guessing.
Not satisfied with the answers including my post until getting more info its all a guess.
If its a M and he missed the number one you and CNKS may have the answer. That's why I wondered if its a SM serial number.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top