super99

Gonna bring the dead super 88 home tomorrow. Plan to take the 1550 up to push it onto my trailer, I have a push bar. Are the bolt holes on the front casting on the super 88 the same spacing as the narrow spaced holes on the front of the 1550? I have a plate that bolts to the front weights on the 50 series tractors, just need to drill 2 holes to match the holes on the super88. I want to load it rear end first so I can drive the 1550 on beside it, both have narrow fronts. I'm thinking they are same so implements will interchange. Thanks, Chris

Hope I am not too late? But yes holes will be 8 inches apart 2 3/4 inches up and down same as the narrower spaced holes on most 4 digits. If it was a super 88 standard holes would only be 5 1/4 inches apart same 2 3/4 up and down.
You have me thinking about a tractor I have to pick up tommorow myself. Its a dead 1800 that has been sitting for a while kind of in an ackward spot to back up to winch on the float. Maybe I should take the bunt pole and another tractor? problem is I cant haul another tractor with an 1800 on float as well, and it is couple hours away. Maybe I will just take the bunt pole and see if they have a tractor to shove it around for me?
Good luck with your 88 diesel one of Olivers best.

Hope I am not too late? But yes holes will be 8 inches apart 2 3/4 inches up and down same as the narrower spaced holes on most 4 digits. If it was a super 88 standard holes would only be 5 1/4 inches apart same 2 3/4 up and down.
You have me thinking about a tractor I have to pick up tommorow myself. Its a dead 1800 that has been sitting for a while kind of in an ackward spot to back up to winch on the float. Maybe I should take the bunt pole and another tractor? problem is I cant haul another tractor with an 1800 on float as well, and it is couple hours away. Maybe I will just take the bunt pole and see if they have a tractor to shove it around for me?
Good luck with your 88 diesel one of Olivers best.
The holes in the front of the 1550 matched the holes in the super88. Got it and the extra tires home yesterday and went back this morning and hauled the 1550 home. First thing is pull and clean out fuel tank.

Attachments

• IMG_2430.jpeg
    IMG_2430.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2427.jpeg
    IMG_2427.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2429.jpeg
    IMG_2429.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2428.jpeg
    IMG_2428.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 30
Guessing you couldnt get both on like you had planned? Looks like a decent tractor sheet metal wise. Do you have the side curtains? I see it has the 2 horizontal oil filters so does that make it pre 1956? With the price of oil filters now adays it might pay to find a base for the single filter? Although if it is going to be a show tractor you wont need to change em much anyway and best to keep the original look? I have always wondered why Oliver put two filters on the diesels? I think they even came out with a kit to clamp filters, as they would loosen and leak, but I dont see it on yours? Also looks like an original style final fuel filter. I have tryed every source I know of to find these and cannot find. In my biased opinion the 88 diesel was the real work horse for its time. Good to see another one being revitalized!

Thanks for reposting but I cant find in Canada? To order from any of the US places I have tryed is going to be way too much$ Think I am going to change to a different housing that takes a cheaper filter.

Guessing you couldnt get both on like you had planned? Looks like a decent tractor sheet metal wise. Do you have the side curtains? I see it has the 2 horizontal oil filters so does that make it pre 1956? With the price of oil filters now adays it might pay to find a base for the single filter? Although if it is going to be a show tractor you wont need to change em much anyway and best to keep the original look? I have always wondered why Oliver put two filters on the diesels? I think they even came out with a kit to clamp filters, as they would loosen and leak, but I dont see it on yours? Also looks like an original style final fuel filter. I have tryed every source I know of to find these and cannot find. In my biased opinion the 88 diesel was the real work horse for its time. Good to see another one being revitalized!
Yes, I have the side cover but one is pretty rusty, have to see what I can do with it. No, couldn't get both on my trailer. That final fuel filter is about $60, I cold get you one but not sure what's involved sending it to Canada, message me if you want to. I've seen the clamps but this one doesn't have them. I picked up 2 gallons of E 85 today to start cleaning the fuel tank when it rains again. Gotta work tomorrow so no work on it till it rains. Chris

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back