svcummins 3020

SV, I enjoy your posts. I'm always amazed at the work and the weight and the duals and the power you get out of
your John Deere 3020.
This week I got my ol' 3020 started after not using or running it for about three years. I pulled a seven shank
chisel plow (spear points, not sweeps). Ground was dry and hard, kinda like a concrete parking lot. I'm in
south central Texas and temperature here has been running about 90.
Using the tac, I was running about 3 mph in third gear. Today, I went to fifth gear (dont ask about fourth, I
think its in the bottom of the tranny case) and was running almost the same speed - 3 to 3 1/2 mile per hour.
This afternoon I hooked onto my John Deere model 210??? disc (a 13' I think) and broke up some of the clods.
I love the sound of that four cylinder engine working. Reminds me of as a kid, sitting on the axle housing of a
Farmall Regular riding with my dad when he was plowing.
Just letting you know I admire your posts and pictures. Thanks for postings & pictures. kelly

(quoted from post at 17:43:47 10/21/20) SV, I enjoy your posts. I'm always amazed at the work and the weight and the duals and the power you get out of
your John Deere 3020.
This week I got my ol' 3020 started after not using or running it for about three years. I pulled a seven shank
chisel plow (spear points, not sweeps). Ground was dry and hard, kinda like a concrete parking lot. I'm in
south central Texas and temperature here has been running about 90.
Using the tac, I was running about 3 mph in third gear. Today, I went to fifth gear (dont ask about fourth, I
think its in the bottom of the tranny case) and was running almost the same speed - 3 to 3 1/2 mile per hour.
This afternoon I hooked onto my John Deere model 210??? disc (a 13' I think) and broke up some of the clods.
I love the sound of that four cylinder engine working. Reminds me of as a kid, sitting on the axle housing of a
Farmall Regular riding with my dad when he was plowing.
Just letting you know I admire your posts and pictures. Thanks for postings & pictures. kelly

GOOD for you, Kelly, old iron gets the job done with no $$$$ payments or cantankerous electronics, not to mention no plastic fenders!

(Not to mention with a total lack of 'Bota "orange"!)

If you was to listen to the Facebook and yt keyboard farmers association you’d be lead to believe a 3020 couldn’t pull itself down the road.
cvphoto60344.jpg

cvphoto60345.jpg

cvphoto60346.jpg

cvphoto60347.jpg

cvphoto60349.jpg

< src="https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cvphotos/cvphoto60351.jpg">

cvphoto60352.png

cvphoto60353.jpg

cvphoto60354.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back