TA or clutch 1962,560d

I was doing loader work and she just quit moving. I looked in the transmission first and nothing was moving,next I took the cover off the TA clutch housing and it was"nt turning either. I can spin the TA clutch freely by hand. It locks when I put the trans in gear,so I assume the problem in either the main clutch disk or in my opinion probably the hub on the clutch disk. I don"t feel like it is just a worn out clutch because it never slipped and it was"nt working hard when it quit. It was idling around the barn lot moving an air compressor in the bucket.Never made any noise, just stopped moving. what do ya"ll think?
 
I figured as much, A split is probably the only solution. Ive had four hubs fail One in a Saab96 (fixed it on the trail north of the grand canyon with sheet metal screws to jamb it fast. One in a jeep CJ3B on a rail crossing. (pushed it off)
One on a Nissan PU it locked up enough to get home W/O using the pedal.
and One on a Triumph Herald Wagon.
Good luck. It just seems unfair that the hub would fail. JimN
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top