Tachometer cable, right angle part , tang

Denteen

I need two tang. One goes on the cable
that comes from the gauge. That cable has
a square end. The other tang fits into
the right angle part then into the pump.

I'm sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop being polished, so I can't look into it to see what model tractor you have.Please state the model of tractor you are asking about so that we might be better able to help you.

Could be... the the right angle adapter on a 7000 injection pump, or the short cable on the tach drive off of the oil pump? Ive used automatic transmission plastic (tang) speedometer adapters to work on the 7000 pump right angle adaptor, it that is what you have.

iirc.. the adapter and/or direction reverser was only used on the row crop version of the 7000 speedometer cable...? Its been 20 years or more since I owned those tractors. It had a little tang-adaptor in it as it needed to be reduced down to a smaller size to drive the tach cable. It was mounted on the rear of the injection pump. the first one I got the part from the ford dealer. The second one, I got a part for an automatic transmission that work perfectly. It was similar to this one....
https://www.topflightautomotive.com/products/auto-accessories-of-america-1964-1974-pontiac-gto-speedometer-cable-adapter-key/

But its been too many years to remember more. Hope this helps. Note that there are some of these that are plastic and others that are metal. The orig part was metal, but I remember getting a plastic one to work.

The tractor is a Ford 7000. The Ford
dealership needs the part number. I found
the one that goes from the right angle
part to the pump, but they want $75 for
it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back