lars

Trying to replace the tack in a MF 271,Gets its signal from Alternator, so if I buy one thats says it runs on 12 volts will that work? Or does it have to be special to run of the impulse? If it does there are non available that I can find. Thanks Lars

I would say it needs to specifically say it works from an alternator signal. Many add on electric tachometer work with gasoline engines and have their own pick up from the ignition.

Is this post related to the one you made about part numbers the other day? It would be nice if you would let us know if any of the answers posted answer your question.

The thing with electronic tachometers is it depends on how many pulses the alternator is set to put out. The universal electronic tachometers usually have some adjustment to them so you get the rpms right. Since a 271 wasn't in the U.S. as far as I know, where are you at Lars.

Do you have 271 or a 271 XE? You posted you were looking for a tach for a 271 XE a few days ago.

It makes a difference.

271 XE (Brazil) electric tach is MF # 057763T1.

271 (Turkey) cable driven tach is MF # 1674637M92.

Called and they wont work anything but auto tacks,no tractors.thank for the info. Though

has to be one that uses an impulse signal from the alternator if it is electric. i have one on a sprayer that operates off a Delco 10-SI alternator, it is a Farai brand if i remember correct. it is a universal
marine type that can be set to match most alternator impulse signals

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back