Taking radiator off Farmall H

79redcub

Member
Please help. I"m tying to take off my radiator off of my Farmall H. Im trying to get to the water pump so I can repack it and stop the water from leaking. I don"t know how to take the stearing shaft out. I took it lose at eh universal joint and turned it towards the front of the tractor and thouht it would pull thought the rest of the way out, but it didn"t. What am I doing wrong? Thanks on any help.
 
There is a cap on the front of the steering gear box that threads out, once the cap is removed the steering shaft will thread out of the housing.
Ronald
 
I took the cap off and it will come though the stearing housing until the end of the treads and then it won't come out any more then that.
 
Crud (paint, rust, etc.) on the shaft itself will prevent it from going through the seal at the rear of the steering box.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top