TEA-20 rocker/head/pushrods

charisma1986

New User
hi guys, i believe i have 3x tea20 tractors, one had broken #4 conrod and destroyed the block.

i notice there is 12mm difference in the head heights, the shorter head having come off the broken block. initially i thought it may have been machined down to raise compression, but perhaps this is the correct 6:1 compression petrol head?

the pushrod lengths i see are different too, and differently shaped, and somebody has cut the ball end off each tappet adjuster on the broken block engine.

i have 3 fuel tanks, and one appears to be a vaporizing oil or lamp oil tank as it has a two way petcock and main/sub tank internally separated.

is there a way to distinguish which head height and which pushrod length i need for the petrol engine, and is there any difference in rocker geometry?

i'm trying to make 1 running tractor and see what i need to get another one running later down the track.

kind regards,
Jase

Hi Jase,

My question is do you have parts and service manuals? These are really helpful not just for the how to, but, also having a part number can prevent
headaches.

On youre machines I think you have a mix of 80 and 85mm engines which gives you the head difference. And I also believe you may have a TVO fuel
setup.

Email me I can help you find manuals

Tom

(quoted from post at 23:07:59 11/15/21) Hi Jase,

My question is do you have parts and service manuals? These are really helpful not just for the how to, but, also having a part number can prevent
headaches.

On youre machines I think you have a mix of 80 and 85mm engines which gives you the head difference. And I also believe you may have a TVO fuel
setup.

Email me I can help you find manuals

Tom

i have the haynes service manual, i think the lower head could be a vanguard head.

sure, what is your email address and i will shoot one through to you

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back