terminating coil and plug wires

Tuning up my Jubilee and all the coil and plug wires are missing the copper or brass ends. So I bought a tune up kit.

My question involves terminating the ends. The metal ends that I crimp have three triangle shaped prongs. One for the end of the wire, one for one side of the wire (with insulation) and one for the other side. Since I have no reference and find it impossible to find this type end termination example online, I need some assistance........

Do I expose and fold over the core? I don't think so.

Looks like I just expose maybe one eighth of an inch or so just to make contact with the metal end ....butt joint style.

Then I fold the sides of the metal end over and crimp.....and if I get lucky the side prongs will penetrate enough to contact the core wire.

I cant upload any images at the moment but will shortly
 
Twograins,Just strip a 1/4"of the wire,put the boot on then feed the wire through the brass end,fold it over and solider it and trim off excess and crimp sides to the wire.
 
Soldering is the key for reliable long lasting electrical connection . Crimping is waiting for failure, intermittent performance and weak connection.
 
I strip off about 1/8 of the insulation. Stick the exposed wire through the triangle hole and solder it. I have never had any luck trying to crimp that style of wire terminal. Yiu can buy a much better terminal that will stay on when crimped from any parts store.
 

So I did exactly that and decided to go electronic ignition and she started right up. I got a few hours out of her and now I have an electrical issue. Guess its time to start another thread. Thanks for the great tip to you and everyone who replied!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top