Thats not even its engine......

Lanse

I got the engine up on the B today even after the kubota's loader decided not to cooperate. Once it was on there, it dawned on me that not a single part of that engine came with the tractor. SO many things, from the rebuilt mag, to the head and block, crankshaft and pushrods just to name a few came from people on this site. I chose parts off the C i parted out over the B that sat for a few years. Not even the front wheels came with the tractor. It WAS orignal. But i still like it. I'm reluctiant to sell the transmission off the C because thats the only thing on that tractor i havent been inside and thats probabally shot too.

It was a good day, and the only other 15 year old i know who is in this state and interested in old iron showed up and helped me (alot) but we got it in there. We only had to put the oil pan on twice, which is pretty good. Mabey if i can get this running sometime in the next few weeks i can keep going truck shopping. A side note-anyone got an idea what a 95 ranger with a shot tranny and head gasket is worth???

Unless it eats its bearings or something, i hope this is the last time i have to go into this tractor. Next comes the WC that popped loose. I guess i'd just like to thank everyone for all the advice and answers to my dumb questions in the last 10 months with this tractor. Thanks everyone. You guys are closer to family then most of my family.

Lance you did test that rebuilt mag like I told you didn't you???? LOL, as for that truck I would shop around and get your self a real truck like the one my son has. His it s 1951 Chev pick up. But right now he rides one of his 2 Honda motorcycles till he can afford to fix up his truck.
Hobby farm

That Ranger is worth about $100 bucks for scrap and thats it. If it has that many problems You cannot afford to fix it. A truck you have to depend on to get you around is an entirely different matter that restoring an old tractor.

Ernie's right. $100 top. A decent auto trans from a salvage yard is going to be $400-$500. The A4LD is plentiful, but not when it comes to a good used one. If you go looking for transmissions, look at the fluid. If you can't tell it was red, keep looking.

I know that according to maritime law, if you replace every piece of a ship one plank at a time, it's still the same ship. (Actually, this was fairly common back in the days of wooden ships.) So I suppose the same is true of your tractor: It's still the same tractor you started with, even if you've replaced every part.

If that's the manual tranny you won't find one. They were all junk and the yards are sold out.

If you get the Ranger, look for a parts truck with auto transmission. Don't try to change auto for manual, it's a pain, you have to buy clutch linkage, pedal support, etc. The engine having blown gasket is a sign of possible overheating, even if not, head will have to be reworked, milled flat. Junk price sounds good.

KEH

Forgot to add, don't know about computor issues when changing from auto to manual.

KEH

Sounds like Abe Lincoln"s axe:

An antique dealer was driving through Illinois and saw an old farmer swinging a real old axe.. Stopped and asked about how old it was.. Farmer said the axe once belonged to Abe Lincoln. Antique dealer said he would pay a hundred bucks for it. Farmer says "Naw, it"s still pretty good and I use"s it a lot." Dealer says "OK, two hundred bucks." this goes back and forth awhile and finally the farmer agrees to sell it for $1000.
As the dealer gets back into his car with his new purchase, the farmer says "Of course since Abe had it, it"s gotten 4 new heads and 8 new handles on it."

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back