Im back!! All my chickens are now in their coop and I’ve been trying to get my snapper running again for the spring.
Been doing a lot of cleaning parts on the tractor, having the compressed air is great!!! As you can see, its clearly taken all apart,
and I’ve thought a lot about the painting of it. Its all apart (as much as it would be to paint it) and the only thing I can think of to do to it is remove the fenders and seat. It would need to be wire brushed down, JT says not to use a wire wheel on the tin, but what about using paint stripper as well??? I think it might be best to clean up the engine first, then put it back together, then put that back on the tractor, then paint it before replacing the radiator, sheet metal, front axle, etc, what do you think??? It would minimize the grease on the engine and the paint, but I’ve also concidered leaving the sides of the block and the head and valve covers unpainted until it runs to minimize the grease and scratches on there, what do you think??? Janicholson, what is a shift rail??? and, true, tool ownership is not a reason to use it, but it sure is a reason to want too, LOL
Thanks everyone who responded to my last thread.
Been doing a lot of cleaning parts on the tractor, having the compressed air is great!!! As you can see, its clearly taken all apart,
and I’ve thought a lot about the painting of it. Its all apart (as much as it would be to paint it) and the only thing I can think of to do to it is remove the fenders and seat. It would need to be wire brushed down, JT says not to use a wire wheel on the tin, but what about using paint stripper as well??? I think it might be best to clean up the engine first, then put it back together, then put that back on the tractor, then paint it before replacing the radiator, sheet metal, front axle, etc, what do you think??? It would minimize the grease on the engine and the paint, but I’ve also concidered leaving the sides of the block and the head and valve covers unpainted until it runs to minimize the grease and scratches on there, what do you think??? Janicholson, what is a shift rail??? and, true, tool ownership is not a reason to use it, but it sure is a reason to want too, LOL