I asked a question to you guys a while ago about my pto leaking on a 39 B, SN 78072. I was advised to get the rope type seal, found it in my parts manual...it was hiding in plain sight, didnt find it before. Now for the interesting part.
I open up the PTO housing and I find my existing seal, part number AB2578R. So I scratched my head and went back to the manual, that part started somewhere around SN 82000 (forget the exact number), which I assume is the start of the 1940 B's. Butttttttt, according to my plate I have SN 78072. The big question is, did someone swap my tag or is it possible that someone swapped out my PTO housing? I guess it isnt a big deal, the three seals I thought I needed cost about 10 bucks total, the "correct" seal is 14.45. It dont add up. :?:
Thanks guys.
I open up the PTO housing and I find my existing seal, part number AB2578R. So I scratched my head and went back to the manual, that part started somewhere around SN 82000 (forget the exact number), which I assume is the start of the 1940 B's. Butttttttt, according to my plate I have SN 78072. The big question is, did someone swap my tag or is it possible that someone swapped out my PTO housing? I guess it isnt a big deal, the three seals I thought I needed cost about 10 bucks total, the "correct" seal is 14.45. It dont add up. :?: