Those vintage old steel track attachments that went over rubber tires on tractors

David from Kansas

Remember seeing previous related posts but has been a long time. I found a pair of these that may be available but I don't know the condition as they are lying outside on the ground. Who made them and are they worth anything? Any info appreciated.

Remember seeing previous related posts but has been a long time. I found a pair of these that may be available but I don't know the condition as they are lying outside on the ground. Who made them and are they worth anything? Any info appreciated.
Arps half-tracks, perhaps?

Called half-tracks around here. Several companies made them, Arps is one. There is a post on one of the forums during the past week about another brand I believe.

What they are worth is very much dependent on if you want them. Many get taken off and set aside never to be used again. There is a complete set that are supposed to fit a Ford 7000 for sale on Facebook in lower Maine $1000 asking price. I have seen some for N series Ford s for $200. They wear out and finding more used parts or making your own are about the only options for repair, I believe.

One of the names that comes to mind is Loeggering or some version of that spelling. Saw them come to show up about every wet fall for combines .I belive a few got sold for that over the years. Some also got sold for use on tractors. there was a local guy with a set on an Allis don't remember the model maybe a teen series like a D-15or 17 been a long time since then and he has become a much bigger operation since then.

You have to look at the condition of the rubber belts on the Bombardier tracks they are the weak point. On the Arps check for extreme wear on the connector links, I've seen them wore to the point they will start pulling apart. I've got a set of the arps I'm planning to put on a 4100 Ford one of these days.

There was a post about one two days ago Black Hawk brand. The Arps set is good but sometimes they need lot of repair. The bombardier set has rubber belts. They don’t seem to hold up well

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back