Tires - weather cracks

PoorMeInMo

New User
Is it possible to repair weather cracks on rear tires even if temporarily? Tires are 8 ply, and still holding air and fluid just fine. I know they need to be replaced but if I can get by another year that would be sure help, things are a little tight..Thanks!
 
I have run weather cracked tires for several years and have never had a problem,I will repace them when they blow out or will no longer hold air.
 
I have a rear on an A that I use for pulling logs out of the woods and a bit of mowing. When I got the tractor they were checked so bad that you could see the tube through the tire. (6 years ago) Every year I tell myself I need to replace them and so far they still work. So... you never know. Mine don't have fluid though so there's no risk of a mess/problem if they blow.
 
I have one machine that I was told over 15 years ago to replace the bad weather checked tire on it and I said I would replace them when it got to the point that the tubes where sticking out and when/if they went flat and that was like I said 15 plus years ago. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Oh by the way I have tires sitting in the back of one of my sheds for it when and if they ever go flat
 
Talking about tire paint my buddy takes black paint and mixes a little gas in it takes a rag and wipes his tires.I guess it works they look good. You can try it on some old tire before you done your tractor.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top