I took a tire with wheel and another tire to Co-Op for a mount and new tube. When I picked it up they said what do you want to go with the old tire? I said junk it. OK but you will have to pay a $10 disposal fee. Take it to the landfill and they will charge $20. No problem I'll take it to the transfer station I've taken tires there before. OK but you have to fill out this form. I prostested the form and the guy said they could not take the tire because was a tractor tire. So it seems that when Co-Op takes tires to the landfill they get charged $600 to $700 for a stake bed full of tires acording to weight. This also is the same for all tires dealers. The tires are then taken to the next county to be SOLD to a tire recycler. Double profit for the county. A couple years ago a civic group pulled over 4000 tires out of the river. Now I know why.

In the old days people filled up ravines with garbage and crap. That was bad and wrong.

In today's world the gov makes everyone pay double to get rid of the garbage and crap. That isn't right either.

Guess there is no happy medium.

Paul

during the 22 years I was in the tire business, I never found a tire rec that would pay for scrap tires. It was always the other way round. I've paid them thousands of dollars to recycle tires.

Electrical generation plant covering five towns near me has converted from coal to used tires. Took several years to install the equipment. Bead wire is reclaimed and sold. Apparently there's no shortage of tires for fuel. Maybe there's hope.

same problem here i cant get rid of semi tires or tractor tires, and ive got a pile, since trash and debris disposal is one of the items that county commissioners are supposed to figure out ive been tempted to load a dump truck, take them to their offices and let them figure out what to do with them

there was a power plant near st louis , balwin i think, that was supposed to burn ground up tires as fuel. there are some cement plants that also burn ground tires as fuel too.

Tires seem to be the one growing thing we cant seem to recycle properly. I have a pile here myself. Im "tired" of it.....couldn't resist that one ;)

Yes they did fill up the ravines. I bought a property with about 1000' of creek frontage. 3 ravines full and over 50 tires I pulled out of there. I started the clean out process and here comes the Sheriff deputy. Environmental officer no less. Seems the high falutten Neihbors in the 500+K homes across the creek called in about me illegally dumping. Not the case and the deputy was real cool about it.

I took the tires to my local mechanic who's recycler takes them at no charge.

Local guy is building tire drags and selling to the horse people to smooth out the horse apples in their pastures.

Side note Paul the use of the wire cords that are left after burning is still very much in its trial stages. I know where there is a pile over 12 acres and they are still trying to figure out a use. Apparently there are problems recycling the wire.

I don't know if it is still there or not, but there was a company in this province that took all the used tires from the garages, etc, and ground them up, recycled the rubber into making new asphalt for roads, and sorted out the wire, and sold it for scrap. Nothing wasted. I wonder if they're still going or not.

We pay a $5 AZ disposal fee for each take-off tire at Costco when we get new tires. The useable ones are sold to a company that re-sells them to a used tire shop.

The tires that are not useable are sold to a local company that grinds them up and sells the product to asphalt companies to pave roads with. It makes a very smooth and quiet road surface and the vehicle tires grip the road better when driving.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back