Titan tires for pulling

I found a set of 20.8x34 Titan Hi Traction tires to put on my 806. I was wondering if anybody has used this brand for tractor pulling and if they are any good fit that application

I bought a set of 14.9x38 Titans when I redid the JD 70...within three years both had developed significant cracks in the sidewalls...was about halfway down the track when the left one split at one of the
cracks. When I got home I got home I got a set of Firestone Field and Roads on it and have never bought anything else since. so for three years I enjoyed the benefit of having saved $60 per tire, but the cost
of the new ones on top of it quickly washed away that euphoria. When they were cracking and splitting, they seemed to pull as well as the Firestones.

To wide for the stock 806 rim, what is the rim on the tractor ,what ply sidewall on these tires ? What pressure are you running ,14 to 16
From what you said your not going to do very well with them bars wont hook good luck .
I suggest you look up manufacturer tire specs.

(quoted from post at 04:39:26 11/17/23) To wide for the stock 806 rim, what is the rim on the tractor ,what ply sidewall on these tires ? What pressure are you running ,14 to 16
From what you said your not going to do very well with them bars wont hook good luck .

Yes, you need 18" wide rims for a 20.8x34 tire. Squeezing them on a stock 16" wide rim may be okay for field work, but it's going to hurt you on the track. Won't matter if the Titans are the best hooking tire known to man. You'll lose a lot of traction because of the crown.

I put a set of those in 18.4-38s on my 806 last winter. they seem to pull in the field ok as for durability I guess we'll see down the road. Nothing can be as bad as those Akurets were Lasted ok just after about 15 years and half tread could not keep them up always a flat tire to fix about every year or more often. Not sure what I would get for tires if I needed to pull on hard jobs like heavy tillage. My brother got a set of Titan hi traction lug radials for his 7140 fornt and 2 on the rear. Seem to work ok with the chisel plow.

(quoted from post at 04:39:26 11/17/23) To wide for the stock 806 rim, what is the rim on the tractor ,what ply sidewall on these tires ? What pressure are you running ,14 to 16
They are on 18" double bevel rims. I've been pulling with new 18.4x34 michelin Agribibs which was a mistake because the bars are bending. I'm looking for a better alternative. I found this set at a very good price an was wondering how they'd do. It sounds like not very good. The guy has 18.4x38 field and roads but they'll cost me over $1000 dollars more in the end because I'll have to buy the cast centers to get me up to 38". Is this the better option even though it's twice the money?

(quoted from post at 04:45:21 11/17/23)

Yes, you need 18" wide rims for a 20.8x34 tire. Squeezing them on a stock 16" wide rim may be okay for field work, but it's going to hurt you on the track. Won't matter if the Titans are the best hooking tire known to man. You'll lose a lot of traction because of the crown.
They are mounted on 18" double bevel rims

Stepping up from 18.4-34 to 18.4-38 will increase your contact patch from 300 to 320 square inches. Tread pattern for pulling is certainly
a point of contention. In my experience, the people who perform the best consistently (as far as traction is concerned) are running a 23
degree tire. Even more noticeable on hard tracks. That would give an advantage to those F&Rs over any of your other options. Not sure
what all you use the tractor for. Would switching to pressed steel rather than getting different cast centers be a more affordable option.
If it were me and I could make it work in my budget, I would go for the 18.4-38 Firestones.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back