TO-30 won't start

John730911

I have a TO-30 that I have put a new battery and 2 new starters on, both starters seem to bring up can anyone help with what could be causing this.The second starter worked for a little while but I tried to COLD start the tractor and it cranked for a while and started and shut back off. I went to start it again and it cranked 1 time and nothing. I will include pictures of the starters and battery I have in. I checked battery and still getting 12.5 V.maybe cables not big enough? These starters were both of ebay and cost around 160-175 each.
Thanks,
John

Did you buy this not running?
Has the tractor ever run for you?

This is where your voltmeter comes in handy doing voltage drops over the entire system.
Volt meter from the center of the battery post to the outer edge of the terminal. Both negative and positive.
Voltage is what? More than .3V?
From the terminal to the far end of the cable is what? Both negative and positive.
From the cable to the terminal/ground.Both negative and positive. Voltage is what?
Anything more than .3 volts should be taken apart and cleaned.
If you have a voltage loss over the length of a cable more than .3V, the cable should get replaced.

What gauge are you battery wires? 6 volt system big fat 0 gauge for the low voltage to flow through.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back