TO 35 color scheme

willor

I have read through the old posts and still cant determine what color scheme is correct for my 1956 TO 35. The serial number is 167485 which puts it around March of 1956. Wonder if anyone can tell me for sure the proper color. Mine looks to be repainted. There is green on the grill sides and beige under the red on the hood. Take a look at the pictures and let me know if you can help.
cvphoto137405.jpg

cvphoto137406.jpg

cvphoto137407.jpg

They were some 35s painted beige hood - fenders and green body. Yours looks to be one of those. Ill look and see if I can find a picture of one that was restored.

That's a good photo above.

I have a spring 1955 'green belly' with gray sheet metal.

Sheet metal had red primer under the gray. I always thought it was repainted since it looked like yours, but taking it apart I found true colors. Family heirloom since new, so I knew it wasn't really repainted.

I only refurbished mine as it's a work tractor not a parade restoration. Painted to resist rusting.
I used Rust-Oleum dark green and the lighter gray Menard's carried, sprayed with the harbor freight 'purple sprayer'. Not exact match but close enough.

Make sure to replace the shifter boots and upper draft boot. They let water into the trans.

This post was edited by jvin248 on 10/06/2022 at 01:12 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back