TO35 Diesel

I'm so excited!
My Standard 23C broke the injection pump drive quill
about 2 years ago. I have been searching with no luck for a new quill. I bought a used one, but it was worn and made the timing really sloppy. I had about decided to part out the tractor, but tried one more Google search. I got a hit at Ritchie Implement Co. in Cobb, WI. (I'm in MS.). I called and after a long wait the guy said his computer showed they had TWO of the quills, but they were in storage in a shed out back. He said when he had time he would look for them and call back. Sure enough, he found them and they were in new condition. I bought 'em both.

Phillip
 
It's sounds like you were and are very lucky to find parts like that for the standard motor there dosen't seem to be many of the diesel engines here in the states. I know i have a hard time finding lucas ele. parts for me .SUCCESS
 
I am getting to the point of cleaning up one too - hopefully rebuild the whole Std engine soon, there is a diesel injector shop a few miles from me, in business 60 years now, I showed him the pump, he said that is one of the most common in the world, for all sorts of diesels, he said there are only 7 moving parts in there, and he stocks all 7 all the time. A rebuild would take a day. And more $ than the rest of the project. So let's hope it needs nothing but a soak and an air gun. If you are in Miss, I would hunt the coast for shops that do fishing boat engines, up north, like the guy in Wis, we can hunt Canadian border towns for Standard parts. Over the years, I know of a dozen within a couple hours of new york city. Trouble is, when I even mention spending $1000 to 1500 on a rebuild, even to my ol mates in Canada and New Zealand... they say there are better engines to pour money into. I am impressed with the way they are built, have 'access' to barrels of deep fry oil, don't know. So I hope the quill is all you need. So good luck with yours. I'll need it too.
 
Before you replace the Quill shaft you should have the Injection Pump checked out as that shaft is made to break if the Pump has problems and locks up. You could well be trying to inject water and that would cause the problem. Make sure that the filters are clean and clear and if you have water in your filters you should filter all the fuel before you pour it into the Fuel Tank as that could be your problem. This fuel they supply isn't always as clean as it might be and they don't have to pay when anything goes wrong. There have been problems this winter over here with fuel and injection Pumps. You should also check where the fuel enters the Pump there is a filter in that pipe fitting and it can get blocked or restricted and if the pump does not get enough fuel it could be running with lack of lubrication and that could cause the Quill to break too...John
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top