TO35 governor bumper spring

joekubota

New User
If I shine a flashlight into the hole from which I've removed the bumper adjusting screw, should I be able to see the spring? If not, does that mean the spring has been removed or pushed out of view? A previous thread suggested that the spring itself only mattered if the governor was surging. Is that correct? Is there a photo of the spring itself? Much appreciated.

If I shine a flashlight into the hole from which I've removed the bumper adjusting screw, should I be able to see the spring? If not, does that mean the spring has been removed or pushed out of view? A previous thread suggested that the spring itself only mattered if the governor was surging. Is that correct? Is there a photo of the spring itself? Much appreciated.
I don't know about your governor, but all the ones that I've been in, you can see the spring if you take the bolt out..

TO30, but very similar to TO35.
governor - 1.jpeg
governor2 - 1.jpeg

the photos exactly what I needed to see... do you have an opinion as to whether the TO35 should idle if the governor adjusting screw is completely removed?
I don't know about your governor, but all the ones that I've been in, you can see the spring if you take the bolt out..
do you think the TO35 should idle with the governor adjusting screw completely removed?

the photos exactly what I needed to see... do you have an opinion as to whether the TO35 should idle if the governor adjusting screw is completely removed?

do you think the TO35 should idle with the governor adjusting screw completely removed?
I'm gonna say yes, but not because I've ever tested it. These governors are fussy to get adjusted is my experience.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back