Todays not funny

Having grown up in eastern Colorado, I seldom get sick of rain. Not even when I lived in coastal NC, where it rains pretty much the entire month of May. On the High Plains, every day of rain is a holiday.

Rain sure changes the work schedule, outside to all inside and maybe a nap at sometime on the in-between. Luckily, all the corn and beans are planted, except for the double crop in the wheat stubble. The garden is growing some good grass and weeds and the lawn mowing, well, looks like I'll be using a bush hog on some of it.

Not sure how to react to those figures of water. We don't need any right now and if we got anything over an inch we would be about done for planting anything till it was almost to late for it. It has been keeping wet with rain so nothing much was planted till this week other than south of here about 25 miles on sandier ground. I did see a filed of corn up today at Webberville. Was surprised to see that must have been planted when it warmed up in February since all it has done is rain since off and on . I spread fertilizer with the 856 on some of it and when I started again over the weekend I used the 1466 on a 6 tone spreader with it only half full or a bit less and got stuck. Splashed water in a few places to finish the spreader out. Next day went to a couple other fields and was drier but still places that were wet.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back