Torque spec for MF tractor

pablo

New User
Working on my '65 202 WorkBull. Does anyone know the proper torque spec for the crankshaft pulley bolt on a z134 continental engine? Having trouble finding the spec.

I've never seen a spec, but I'm sure there is one somewhere.

But you could look it up on a torque chart by the size of the bolt.

The factory bolt is not hardened, so use the grade 2 column unless the head marks indicate otherwise.

(quoted from post at 18:34:56 10/10/22) Working on my '65 202 WorkBull. Does anyone know the proper torque spec for the crankshaft pulley bolt on a z134 continental engine? Having trouble finding the spec.

Did you find out what the torque spec is for the crankshaft bolt? I looked through my manuals and have searched for it online as well and have come up empty myself. When I took it loose I remember it feeling like circa 100 ft/lbs. Thanks for the info

(quoted from post at 15:05:57 10/27/23)
(quoted from post at 18:34:56 10/10/22) Working on my '65 202 WorkBull. Does anyone know the proper torque spec for the crankshaft pulley bolt on a z134 continental engine? Having trouble finding the spec.

Did you find out what the torque spec is for the crankshaft bolt? I looked through my manuals and have searched for it online as well and have come up empty myself. When I took it loose I remember it feeling like circa 100 ft/lbs. Thanks for the info

When you don't find the torque for a bolt or nut in a manual, it is common to refer to a generic torque chart. Match the size, thread pitch and grade of the fastener in question on the chart. It looks like that bolt (MF # 353609X1) is 5/8'' NF (18TPI) grade 5. One chart shows 128 ft. lbs. for a lightly lubricated, grade 5, 5/8-18 bolt. Verify that on a chart of your choice, numbers will vary a bit based on lube and bolt finish.

Thanks will do. Any suggestions for preventing the engine from turning while I torque the cranknut? I was thinking a piece of wood or aluminum against the ring gear.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back