Just off the top of my head, your mix is too weak. I think it should be 4-6 oz to the gallon for handheld sprayer. Read your label. You also may want try Crossbow, it is for woody species and works on tough weeds, too. I agree with the waxy leaves needing a surfactant to prevent spray run off. Mark.
I read and followed the label instructions. I am seeking advice on going stronger than label.
 
Picture of my 1010 dozer.All the weeds were cut away this spring,I was going to fire it up and sell it.I didn't get to it,and 5 months later this is what i have.The wild rosebush behind it always jumps out of the ground,but that bittersweet makes it look lazy.The vine over my stack is holding it shut.
Wow what a mess.
That weed looks like it has waxy leaves.
Put some Dawn detergent in with the herbicide to make it soak in better.
I use Dawn all the time when I am spraying with glyphosate.
The directions on the Glyphosate container tell you that using a "surfactant" (soap) improves the ability of the material to kill the plant.....surfactants are cheap, takes like 20% with 80% Glyphosate making up the 2 or more % of the mix added to 98% water......all on/attached to the container.
 
I have a weed that appears to be some sort of ivy, that is not in the least affected by 41% glyphosate mixed at 1.5 oz to the gallon. Should I just mix stronger?
I had a lot of poison ivy growing up the sides of one of the corn cribs. I found that Brushtox from Tractor Supply did the best job on it out of anything, without killing any grass. I also used it to successfully eradicate trumpet creeper vine around one of the electric poles. If it works on that, it probably will work on your target.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top