Track adjustment

Mark Poss

I have the lock nut loose and Im trying to tighten the track. Which way should I turn the adjuster nut? I
dont want to break any thing. Thanks, Mark.
cvphoto168999.jpg

If you turn hard enough to break something I would say it needed repair to begin with, track systems can (and have to be able to) take a beating.

It would help to have a picture of the adjust set up (nuts and threaded rod)? You say adjusting nut, is it a nut that turns on a threaded rod or a nut made on the rod, to turn the rod?

If it is two nuts on a rod, I would expect the adjusting nut to turn the opposite way the locknut was turned to release it.

Anyway, if the nuts turn freely, it isn't hard to mark, or measure, the idler location to see if it is moving the right way to extend the idler after a couple turns.

Just a wild guess but from the picture I am guessing you need to go up with the wrench. The only thing you need to worry about breaking is your back.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back