Tractor parts from yesterdays tractors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a screen grab and you can clearly see we sell them individually.

View attachment 68088
KB46852 ,i tryed to buy a clutch disc a couple of months ago,an was told they didnt have them.i said when would you get some in an was told 6 months..so i got a clutch disc from some one else...now,i damaged my old pressure plate,while installing..so i called about either one of those pressure plates that are advertised,an was told they dont have any to rebuild...i ssaid,my core is damaged, yesterdaystractor said we have the kit,which is what they said when they didnt have the clutc disc...i was just trying to get the part i needed that they advertised the choices they sell...i also love this forum an want to support the forum or company....if breaking a kit is that much of a hassle an getting the single part seems to be a problem,i was just trying to figure what was going on with not being able to get what they show on web site...sorry if i ruffled some feathers.......dewy

A kit is nothing more than a collection of individual parts off the shelf. I doubt that they have the kit all shrink wrapped together in one package all ready to go anyway. I think the last order I made had parts dropped shipped from multiple locations and one item was back ordered for 3 weeks. If I would have known it was backordered for 3 weeks I would have gone elsewhere.

One lost sale doesn't make the extra cost of having to stock individual parts or deal with the leftovers of a broken-up kit worth it to them.

It's nice when a company will bend over backwards and do nice things for a customer that costs them any profit they would have made on the sale, but the problem with that is every customer is going to want the same special treatment. You aren't going to last very long kowtowing to the whim of every demanding customer that comes along.

Clutch kits no doubt make up the vast majority of clutch sales. Most people only want to take their tractor apart once vs. saving a couple bucks only replacing what's really "bad."

They didn't stop selling individual parts to be mean. They are not refusing to break up a clutch kit just for you to be mean. They have years if not decades of sales data on the computer, and know instantly what sells and what does not. Long story short, individual clutch parts don't sell. If they broke up that kit they would eventually end up throwing away whatever parts were in that kit you didn't take.

ON EDIT: ASAP's main site also lists the clutch parts individually, so this is not just a holdover from the previous ownership.

Either Dewey is not dealing with ASAP/YT, or this is a recent policy change the admin is not up to date on.
Asap was the exact same scenario I tried them also same was told the same thing. Don't have and can't get individual part

What model is your tractor? I would like to help. I am happy to research it for you.

Clutch disc: https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Farmall-300_Clutch-Disc_384633R91.html
Pressure plate: https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/...-Assembly-Remanufactured-360215-R_204408.html

All clutch parts: https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/...SearchArea=Farmall&&md=300&cat=Clutch&r=mcats

Looks like we do sell some of it individually after all. Hope this helps.
Kb the 1st link you sent was a 189 disc ,im poor folk,an was wanting either of the 100dollar disc,but they an asap did not have them an was not getting them no time soon...the second link was a TA pressure plate...3rd link was the advertisement list i was using to purchase what i wanted,but couldnt get a answer when they would get them...thanks dewy

If I am interpreting Dewy's post correctly, I believe Dewy is saying that he tried to order some of these parts, only to be told that ASAP does not sell the parts individually. Only complete clutch kits, and they will not break up a clutch kit to fulfil his order.

The site appears to be out of date with regards to this.
No barnyard they didn't say they don't sell individual parts they said they don't have them and don't know when, but we have the kit...they keep pushing the kit...dewy

I hear you....i need to get this tractor back together.....neighbor already asked me to cut his field......dewy

KB46852 ,i tryed to buy a clutch disc a couple of months ago,an was told they didnt have them.i said when would you get some in an was told 6 months..so i got a clutch disc from some one else...now,i damaged my old pressure plate,while installing..so i called about either one of those pressure plates that are advertised,an was told they dont have any to rebuild...i ssaid,my core is damaged, yesterdaystractor said we have the kit,which is what they said when they didnt have the clutc disc...i was just trying to get the part i needed that they advertised the choices they sell...i also love this forum an want to support the forum or company....if breaking a kit is that much of a hassle an getting the single part seems to be a problem,i was just trying to figure what was going on with not being able to get what they show on web site...sorry if i ruffled some feathers.......dewy
That's an entirely different story than you told above. Welcome to my ignored list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back