Tractor radio

super99

For some reason I started messing with this old fender mount radio that I picked up on a sale years ago. It works good but not much volume unless I touch the antenna and then the volume doubles to acceptable level. I looked online and none shown list the size of the threads but come with several metric adapters. I can run a 1/4 inch bolt into the threads all the way. What can I do to get a new antenna for it, buy a metric one and tap standard threads in it? Any suggestions? Thanks,Chris
cvphoto162005.jpg

cvphoto162006.jpg

I had a fender radio years ago on a couple tractors and I just used a copper wire for the antenna put a flat washer on each side and tightened a nut donw on the washer to hold the wire then tied off the end of the wire to the fender wrapping the end through a hole or something been to long to remember now. Wire was about 12-18 inches long so may have just let it stand up.

Forgot to say it was AM and would pick up stations as far as WBAP in Fort Worth TX from MI.I used to listen for lightening strikes to determine which way storms were coming and how far away by the location of station.

You have a tractor with a muffler suitable for you to hear a radio? I have to wear ear plugs for the 6 I have and all have new or moderately new OEM mufflers.......and I'm legally deaf!

There is an adjustable capacitor to tune the antenna. As I recall you held the antenna and adjust the capacitor until you have minimal volume. When you release the antenna you should have maximum volume.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back