Tractor Tire Chains

CJ3b_jeep

Member
I was plowing the 18" or so of snow off our lane this weekend and having a hell of a time moving around, decided I need some chains for the old girl. I found a set on our local Craig's list for $150. They fit my 14.9x28 and are the kind with the heavy rings. Sound like a good deal?
 
Depends on what they are and what kind of shape they are in. Ring chains on farm tractors can get in pretty bad shape. I've got pile of them that were given to me free because they got so worn.

You can buy brand new ring chains for your tire size for $280, and brand new ladder-chains for $200. So, $150 is no great bargain unless they're in real good shape.

http://tirechain.com/TractorChainmenu.htm
 
Thats a real good price. The chains will be a real good investment, and a real big help. Your tractor will be almost as good, if not beter than a four wheel drive tractor without chains. I have three tractors, rear wheel drive, with chains, and one rear wheel drive, without. Next year, I will be putting chains on the other tractor. I need to get ghains to fit 18.4" x 38" tires, and that will make quite a ddifference in blowing snow as well. Also if your tires are loaded with calcium cloride, will be also a good investment, and improvement. I have one tractor without fluid, and it is almost usless, eveh with the chains. Dosen't take much snow to get her stuck.
 
Definately a good deal. Chains are obsolete you know. (so I was told by my local farm store) Grab them now before the antique value takes them higher. LOL Dale
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top