Tractor Transporting

Jim.ME

It seems a number of people, often new members, land on the Tractor Transporting Forum looking to hire haulers. Would it be possible to add a note at the top of the forum similar to the one that shows when a cursor is hovered over the title in the forum index? Along with that would it be possible to add a link direct to the "Hauling / Transport" section of the classifieds?

Thank you.
Jim

Edit: I should have said possibly making the existing description bolder and clearer that it is for personal hauling and adding a link to the Hauling/Transport section for those needing hired/contracted hauling.

Last edited:
Great suggestion, thank you! See below where I made those additions:

1713791530041.png

1713791553973.png

Thanks again for the suggestion!

reat suggestion, thank you! See below where I made those additions:

View attachment 68068

View attachment 68069

Thanks again for the suggestion!
It doesn't seem to be working, two more in the last two days. The forum name seems to attract some to join just to place their hauling requests here, then never to be seen again.

Perhaps the instructions need to be a bit blunter, along with changing the forum name. Maybe more like this:

This forum is not for hiring hauling.
It is for the discussion of members’ personal equipment, methods they have used moving farm equipment, and tips/advice from by members. Ads, placed on this forum, looking for hired hauling will be deleted, as per site Terms and rules.

If you are looking to hire something hauled here is a link to the proper location for such ads.

Hauling & Transportation Ads

Note related to Hauling & Transportation Ads: No Business Advertising - These hauling ads are for individual, person-to-person advertising only and is not to be used by hauling companies or professional haulers. No Brokers.

When such show up, they should be deleted. Just some more thoughts.

There needs to be clearer explanation of exactly where to go to solicit custom hauling. Preferably in bright red letters. "Hauling & Transportation Ads" is not clear cut. And if you don't run your mouse over that verbiage you have no idea that it is a clickable link.

Whatever "fix" is implemented needs to be bold, and in your face, with to the point wording, with clear cut directions to be directed to the proper place on the forum.so it can't be ignored. Pu$$y footing around with a several sentence heading isn't working.

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back