Tractor won t start.

Moorey

New User
Gday.

I have a John Deere 2250. Recently it didn t start. Lights would come on the dash but the ignition switch wouldn t turn the tractor over. I ended up replacing the starter solenoid and starter switch thinking that this may have been the problem but no avail. I noticed that at the back of the starter switch I am getting no power sent to the starter solenoid wire when turned. I m able to send power from the 15/54 terminal to the 50 terminal (starter wire) to get the tractor going but there is no power coming from the 15 terminal on the back of the starter switch to 50 when the switch is turned. I ve checked all fuses I can find but they all seem to be in good order. The only thing I noticed was that one of the brake lights were blown. Does this stop the tractor from starting if blown? Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening?

Cheers.

I would assume it has a neutral safety
starting switch on the transmission shift
mechanism and/or the clutch pedal and
something may be amiss there.

I would in investigate those
possibilities first.

IF this has the shift levers on top between your feet try holding the left lever over to the left in neutral while starting. My brothers 2940 has a problem there and since it starts and when looking I have not found the neutral start switch like it shows in the parts book. We just work it that way.

(quoted from post at 03:43:06 04/27/23) IF this has the shift levers on top between your feet try holding the left lever over to the left in neutral while starting. My brothers 2940 has a problem there and since it starts and when looking I have not found the neutral start switch like it shows in the parts book. We just work it that way.

Na my tractor has the levers up to the right of the seat. Everything seems to point to the neutral switch. I just have to locate it now

(quoted from post at 18:22:55 04/26/23) Gday.

I have a John Deere 2250. Recently it didn t start. Lights would come on the dash but the ignition switch wouldn t turn the tractor over. I ended up replacing the starter solenoid and starter switch thinking that this may have been the problem but no avail. I noticed that at the back of the starter switch I am getting no power sent to the starter solenoid wire when turned. I m able to send power from the 15/54 terminal to the 50 terminal (starter wire) to get the tractor going but there is no power coming from the 15 terminal on the back of the starter switch to 50 when the switch is turned. I ve checked all fuses I can find but they all seem to be in good order. The only thing I noticed was that one of the brake lights were blown. Does this stop the tractor from starting if blown? Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening?

Cheers.

*update*
One of the solder joints in the back of the circuit board had come away from the board. And the neutral start switch was also knackered. Thanks for everyones help.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back