Trade Cable Activated Sherman Overdrive?

8NChris

I am not looking to sell. Before I drill new holes for the F&T I would like to fill the cable overdrive holes in my 1940. Anyone want to trade there Sherman for my F&T? The F&T is from an 8N, I'll need the earlier gear cut.
Thanks'

It was after the 2N came out. I was thinking it was 1942 or 1943, but one source I found said 1944 which is probably correct. I've read that the first with the helical gear had HX stamped on the front flange of the transmission where the transmission and rear housing bolt together. The straight cut lower gear can be changed out to the helical, but you have to disassemble quite a bit.

(quoted from post at 18:17:23 07/11/23) It was after the 2N came out. I was thinking it was 1942 or 1943, but one source I found said 1944 which is probably correct. I've read that the first with the helical gear had HX stamped on the front flange of the transmission where the transmission and rear housing bolt together. The straight cut lower gear can be changed out to the helical, but you have to disassemble quite a bit.
k, thanks'. With that being the case F&T likely offered a box with an output shaft for either gear cut. Any reason this 8N box wouldn't fit a late model 2N?

Any auxillary gearbox should be interchangeable between a 9N/2N/8N as long as the gearbox and tractor gears match. Don't know if F&T ever made both style gears. Only ones I've seen have helical. Somebody on a forum once said Sherman made a straight cut gear version, but I've seen a lot and they have all been helical.

(quoted from post at 07:44:53 07/10/23) I am not looking to sell. Before I drill new holes for the F&T I would like to fill the cable overdrive holes in my 1940. Anyone want to trade there Sherman for my F&T? The F&T is from an 8N, I'll need the earlier gear cut.
Thanks'
ump, I'll be splitting the tractor soon to retrieve a starter drive. Any takers?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back