Transmission type questions

junkbucket80

New User
Im new to rebuilding tractors. My first tractor is a MF204 with revers-o-matic. I know that has a torque converter but is that considered the same type of transmission as a shuttle? Tractordata says its a torque converter shuttle so I assumed it was a "shuttle". Is that different that a normal shuttle transmission? I was trying to read up on shuttle transmissions and it appears they have a cluch. Are torque converter transmissions rare and do they typically have problems I should worry about?

I have a 205 which is the same except it has the Perkins diesel engine. The reverse=o-matic in these is more like a hydrostatic drive with the foot pedal control but has plates in it like a automatic transmission. mine is still working but it has always slams when shifting F to R or R to F no matter how slow the motor is turning.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back