triple range

kenbob

I no longer have my 351 but as I recall it said to not do heavy pulling (plowing) in low range. That always seemed odd to me as it would seem that was what low range was for. Just wonderin'

'Never use the low range (1st or 2nd gear) speeds in heavy drawbar application. These should only be used as creeper speeds.
Pony low range is for creeper only, they want you to use direct drive for heavy drawbar load with transmission 1st & 2nd gear.

I wonder what they thought constituted heavy drawbar applications. I run in low 1st for plowing competitions with a 2-14 bottom case plow.

(quoted from post at 18:02:33 06/13/23) 'Never use the low range (1st or 2nd gear) speeds in heavy drawbar application. These should only be used as creeper speeds.
Pony low range is for creeper only, they want you to use direct drive for heavy drawbar load with transmission 1st & 2nd gear.

The quotes got dropped so probably doesn't make much sense. The first two sentences are quotes from the 300B op manual. I think what they are trying to convey is that the small direct drive gear 18T is driving the larger low gear 30T. Anytime a small gear drives a large gear the strain on the driven large gear is much higher than the driving small gear.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back