Truck Box Fabrication

Duane WI

Here are some pictures of the box I made for my 52 Chevy Pickup. I made the tail gate also but not in the picture. This will get a wood floor installed after final paint. All made from 16 gauge sheet steel. Currently shown in epoxy primer. The top rail is pipe welded onto the edge of the sheet metal.

<image src="http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto8707.jpg"/>

<image src="http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto8708.jpg"/>

I haven't decided what I want to put on the tailgate. The factory would have embossed "CHEVROLET". My current bead roller is only 18 inches deep so I can't reach the center of a 4 foot panel to do the factory embossing. So I might leave it smooth or put an X brake into it to stiffed it up some. Right now my tailgate is just the frame made from pipe and angle steel that needs the sheet metal panel welded into it. Once I figure out what I want for the panel design it won't take to long to finish it up. I have the hinges and top chain latches finished.

Very nice. I have done about the same thing building my wood trailers, but I am blessed to have access to Kubota crates to use as the floor frame and bed rails. I also use 16G for the sides. I use 14G for the steel floor.
Loren

I would paint the whole truck Case Desert Sunset and power red, and put a big Case Eagle in the center of the tailgate. HeHe Your opinion may vary.
a252964.jpg

a252965.jpg

a252966.jpg

I wish my real Power Wagon looked that good. Maybe it will some day, it's a work in progress,like my 1962 Ford Econoline pick-up.Too many projects started and none finished.

Case Guy, I have seen your posts on your firewood haulers and your firewood processor. Always thought your workmanship looked really good. I like the processor. I don't burn wood but my father and brother do. I mentioned to them over Christmas that we need to build a firewood processor.

That's a nice job!

You know - you can hide a couple of backup light bulbs an inch or so into those top tubes. I did that on a '55 that I used to own.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back