(quoted from post at 05:37:16 05/18/23) Question: I am looking to potentially purshase a TSC IM500 5' brush hog. Does this hook up to a Ford 2N and are there issues I should be aware of?
(quoted from post at 05:37:16 05/18/23) Question: I am looking to potentially purshase a TSC IM500 5' brush hog. Does this hook up to a Ford 2N and are there issues I should be aware of?
(quoted from post at 10:35:12 05/18/23) Thank you! Yes I do have an over-ride clutch on it.
url]https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auction-results/online/221538247/world-agritech-corp-im500[/url](quoted from post at 08:37:16 05/18/23) Question: I am looking to potentially purshase a TSC IM500 5' brush hog. Does this hook up to a Ford 2N and are there issues I should be aware of?
(quoted from post at 08:57:18 05/19/23)url]https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auction-results/online/221538247/world-agritech-corp-im500[/url](quoted from post at 08:37:16 05/18/23) Question: I am looking to potentially purshase a TSC IM500 5' brush hog. Does this hook up to a Ford 2N and are there issues I should be aware of?
suppose it could be many shapes, but square is most common. Have seen other. As long as it slides & works, why would I care?(quoted from post at 12:16:55 05/19/23)(quoted from post at 08:57:18 05/19/23)url]https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auction-results/online/221538247/world-agritech-corp-im500[/url](quoted from post at 08:37:16 05/18/23) Question: I am looking to potentially purshase a TSC IM500 5' brush hog. Does this hook up to a Ford 2N and are there issues I should be aware of?
Well, looking at the pics of that mower, it makes me wonder if there is a square shaft coming from the gearbox with the outer shaft on it that will slide on that square shaft like most mowers have.
(quoted from post at 10:30:09 05/19/23)suppose it could be many shapes, but square is most common. Have seen other. As long as it slides & works, why would I care?(quoted from post at 12:16:55 05/19/23)(quoted from post at 08:57:18 05/19/23)url]https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auction-results/online/221538247/world-agritech-corp-im500[/url](quoted from post at 08:37:16 05/18/23) Question: I am looking to potentially purshase a TSC IM500 5' brush hog. Does this hook up to a Ford 2N and are there issues I should be aware of?
Well, looking at the pics of that mower, it makes me wonder if there is a square shaft coming from the gearbox with the outer shaft on it that will slide on that square shaft like most mowers have.
f course...wouldn't work if not.(quoted from post at 14:40:47 05/19/23)(quoted from post at 10:30:09 05/19/23)suppose it could be many shapes, but square is most common. Have seen other. As long as it slides & works, why would I care?(quoted from post at 12:16:55 05/19/23)(quoted from post at 08:57:18 05/19/23)url]https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auction-results/online/221538247/world-agritech-corp-im500[/url](quoted from post at 08:37:16 05/18/23) Question: I am looking to potentially purshase a TSC IM500 5' brush hog. Does this hook up to a Ford 2N and are there issues I should be aware of?
Well, looking at the pics of that mower, it makes me wonder if there is a square shaft coming from the gearbox with the outer shaft on it that will slide on that square shaft like most mowers have.
OK, does it slide on the model in the picture?
(quoted from post at 12:08:05 05/20/23)
The plastic guard doesn't move as it's attached to the shaft that is attached to the gear box. There is an inner part that clips to the shaft and the outer section stays stationary. The plastic shaft cover telescopes so the shaft can slide in and out. The yellow plastic is a safety shield, so you won't come in contact with the rotating shaft. On mine the shaft is triangular and you cut it to the correct length.
For the OP, the cutter will work with your tractor. Chain stays would be recommended so you can hold the cutter at the height you want. The PTO shaft if original won't mate to the cutter's spline so you will need an adapter or a new PTO shaft. An over-run clutch is highly recommended and you can buy them with the old spline on the input and the new spline on the output.
I believe you need to cut both pieces, plenty of Youtube videos on how to measure and shorten a PTO shaft.(quoted from post at 04:35:57 05/21/23) Make sure to be careful of this. If you raise mower up too far shaft may interfere with mower deck which can cause quite a ruckas if PTO shaft is spinning. PTO shaft may also be too long which can be fixed by taking apart and cutting one of the pieces, Make sure to deburr cut edges and lube so shaft slides freely.
(quoted from post at 04:35:57 05/21/23) Make sure to be careful of this. If you raise mower up too far shaft may interfere with mower deck which can cause quite a ruckas if PTO shaft is spinning. PTO shaft may also be too long which can be fixed by taking apart and cutting one of the pieces, Make sure to deburr cut edges and lube so shaft slides freely.
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy