TSX Choke palte

R Geiger

Well-known Member
I wonder how hard it was to get this in this way? Wonder how it worked? probably choked real good! Bought this on Ebay, didn't really need another one but will rebuild it for a spare.
14047.jpg
 
You are obsessing over this.

Lots of carbs don't have a choke plate with a "choke relief" flapper, simply a solid choke plate.

And carbs for certain applications have the flapper set up like in your photo for relief in case of "backfire".

Six of one and a half-dozen of the other, it ALL works!

But pi$$es off the "correct police"!
 
(quoted from post at 17:51:32 04/03/18) You are obsessing over this.

Lots of carbs don't have a choke plate with a "choke relief" flapper, simply a solid choke plate.

And carbs for certain applications have the flapper set up like in your photo for relief in case of "backfire".

Six of one and a half-dozen of the other, it ALL works!

But pi$$es off the "correct police"!

Well, after 35 years as helicopter mechanic I believe there is only one way to do something and that is the right way!
 
(quoted from post at 21:29:00 04/03/18)
(quoted from post at 17:51:32 04/03/18) You are obsessing over this.

Lots of carbs don't have a choke plate with a "choke relief" flapper, simply a solid choke plate.

And carbs for certain applications have the flapper set up like in your photo for relief in case of "backfire".

Six of one and a half-dozen of the other, it ALL works!

But pi$$es off the "correct police"!

Well, after 35 years as helicopter mechanic I believe there is only one way to do something and that is the right way!

[b:75f08df507][i:75f08df507]RG;
You would not believe (after the time I did carbs for people) how many choke flaps I have see installed like that......But as Bob says, they will work that way, so long as the flap is not left closed while the engine is running.
Closed all the time....would just flood the engine/carb.( prob. had the choke return spring install incorrectly also!!!???)
Just take it out and re-install it the right way. Then re-set the air to fuel mix. so it will run smooth.

NO biggy......just not installed the way it was ment to be.!! :lol:

Gary
:roll: [/i:75f08df507][/b:75f08df507]
 
(quoted from post at 21:29:00 04/03/18)
(quoted from post at 17:51:32 04/03/18) You are obsessing over this.

Lots of carbs don't have a choke plate with a "choke relief" flapper, simply a solid choke plate.

And carbs for certain applications have the flapper set up like in your photo for relief in case of "backfire".

Six of one and a half-dozen of the other, it ALL works!

But pi$$es off the "correct police"!

Well, after 35 years as helicopter mechanic I believe there is only one way to do something and that is the right way!


LOL, I guess that's why they don't let 'ol farmers with baling wire and dull pocket knives work on choppers!
 
Probably not much harder to install that way. Choked fine.
As long as you let off of it in a reasonably amount of time. LOL
I wish I could find the picture; I've had at least one that was
installed from the back side of the shaft. Still haven't figured out quite
how they did that one. Insert it before the shaft and pull it through?
 
do you happen to have a pic of the "proper" way they should look.
I rebuilt my carb a month or so back and that was how mine looked when I took it apart. I put it back that way because I figured it was the correct way.

Mine will flood easy to, maybe that is why
 
(quoted from post at 06:58:46 04/05/18) do you happen to have a pic of the "proper" way they should look.
I rebuilt my carb a month or so back and that was how mine looked when I took it apart. I put it back that way because I figured it was the correct way.

Mine will flood easy to, maybe that is why
ot handy but the flapper should open to the inside IMHO. usually what causes flooding is choking too long, it really does not take much at all. I think the flapper only opens when the engine starts. with the choke applied.
 
I pulled mine last night to verify. My flap was on the inside as it is in your pic. but my spring is on the outside. Would that make a difference?
 
(quoted from post at 05:54:43 04/06/18) I pulled mine last night to verify. My flap was on the inside as it is in your pic. but my spring is on the outside. Would that make a difference?
With the spring on the outside I would think the flapper would be open all the time. Not right.
 
(quoted from post at 10:10:15 04/06/18)
(quoted from post at 05:54:43 04/06/18) I pulled mine last night to verify. My flap was on the inside as it is in your pic. but my spring is on the outside. Would that make a difference?
With the spring on the outside I would think the flapper would be open all the time. Not right.
I concur.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top