Tuesday Truck Pic

kcm.MN

Ford Model 'A' truck-tractor
Puzzle: https://jigex.com/Wn742

mvphoto105733.jpg

(quoted from post at 03:09:37 05/16/23)

Hey RedMF.

Yep, another conversion. Passenger better not hop out while it's still rolling. Rear wheels could do some damage.
Gerrit

With a Staude conversion the reduction through the bull
gear at the rim doesnt free wheel. These gems arent
something you put in neutral and push with the T style
transmission. If there is a step up transmission behind it
you might have a chance to free wheel it.

Dad had a utility dump cart he made/inherited/bought that was a mechanical chain hoist on the back of a Ford
Model TT truck. The engine, frt axle, hood, grill seat, and cab long gone and the frame formed into a hitch.
It eventually became a scrap cart. The box on the cart was wood. I remember Dad & I scraping up dirt to fill
mudholes around hog watering fountains. Most of it is still around, sitting back by the creek at the back of
our 80 acre farm. I remember Dad telling me once that the model TT truck was rare and worth much more than a
Model T and it was a shame someone built this dump cart from one. But that was many many many years ago.

(quoted from post at 11:32:36 05/16/23) With a Staude conversion the reduction through the bull
gear at the rim doesnt free wheel. These gems arent
something you put in neutral and push with the T style
transmission. If there is a step up transmission behind it
you might have a chance to free wheel it.
hat picture is not an "T" conversion. The base i s a"A" with a 3 speed trans and a clutch. can see the dash "A" style and the shifter sticking up, unlike an "T" that shifts with the the pedal. It would freewheel in neutral.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back