Turbo Tax Nightmare!!

Spook

Well-known Member
I have used Turbo tax for years. Never had a problem. Tonight I was doing my taxes, went to efile, transmitted the return, then noticed that instead of a refund, I was showing owing lots and lots of money. An absurd amount!! Until this screen came up, I was showing no errors on my return, and a refund. And of course, no person to talk to. I emailed them on this, I need to get resolved asap!! I won't be using that software again. I don't know if the software got hacked or what.
 
I bought the TT software and is my first year use. After the 5hr learning curve running a test return, I'm impressed and learned a few things that I had been doing wrong (minor).

When I went back to do the actual 07 return, about a 1hr and I was done. If she prints, it's a done deal. What really impressed me is how easy it was to correct mistakes or too change info to try different ideas.

What I don't like is I had to DL the common 1040 long form and the AZ State forms that I thought should have been included with the original DVD disc since that's what I paid money for and not to spend 3hrs DL time on dial-up.

I have the update CD's coming in the mail but I wanted to get on this and get'r done now.

I'll probably just mail mine in as I always do as I want a hard copy for my records.

T_Bone
 
I'm with you. I E-filed [i:654c4848f0]once[/i:654c4848f0] and then spent several days on the phone trying to track it down and straighten out an error. Never again.

The only advantage I can see to efile is that it's quick, but if I play my cards right, I either break even or owe the goobermint a coupla bucks. I ain't in that much of a hurry to send those folks MORE of my money.

I like having software to do my own taxes, but I also like the warm fuzzy feeling a hard copy in my files gives me.
 
E-file doesn't preclude printing a file copy. As a last step before filing, run the "last year comparison" which might make a error obvious.
 
I've used TurboTax since about 1990 when they bought Parson Technologies' "Personal Tax Edge". I've e-filed since it was available, and have never had a problem.

Did you get the trial version CD in the mail? Or from a friend? If you did, and it was the "Home and Business" version there is a download you should have gotten that corrected errors in the program that [i:654c4848f0][b:654c4848f0]"that was missing deductions and credit Tab preventing those customers from creating accurate tax returns"[/i:654c4848f0][/b:654c4848f0] according to Abilash who answered my email concerning a refund notice I received from Turbotax.

I haven't finished my taxes yet, but Intuit/TurboTax sent me an email that said they were refunding the cost of the software because of this issue. Make sure you check the Intuit/TurboTax site for updates, and download and install those updates before you file.

Of course, Abilash is in India or somewhere, and has a little issue with the English language. But, I get to use the software, and I get the refund on the software.
Turbotax Support
 
Call Turbo Tax the number is right on the software they correct it and make any changes that are needed. Real nice people to deal with I have used Turbo Take since it came out on one floppy disc.
Walt
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top