Turning Over a New Hay Rake

Ed S.

"Nothing breaks until you use it."

2017_fergusonrake.jpg

I went out Saturday morning to rake hay with the 8N and Ferguson 3pt. rake, and after a few times 'round the field, the snick-snick-snick sound suddenly changed to a CLANK-CLUNK-SCREECH. One of the cast-iron spider arms broke, and the bar connected to it subsequently broke, too. Not something I could haul back to the shop and quickly weld up myself, so off to Craigslistland!

2017_fingerrake.jpg

I quickly found a 4-wheel rake listed not 30 minutes from me at a reasonable price, and being sold by a former coworker (who was willing to take a check since he knew me). Got it back home and after a few head-scratching moments trying to figure out how exactly it works (magic, pretty much), I got the rest of the hay raked by sundown. This was a thin early cutting, thus the wimpy windrows - we're going to burn the field and put beans in shortly.

Also spent Friday evening doing pasture fence repairs/maintenance, as well as fixing a "suck hole" in the hay field that opened up because rodents or some other burrowing animal chewed through a plastic end cap on a drain "tile."

If it's not one thing, it's another!

:p

es

Ed,

Hay, Hay, Hey!

Somebody up there likes you.

What is an amazing contraption like that going for these days
and how did you bring it home?

Terry

(quoted from post at 11:58:01 05/08/17) Ed,

Hay, Hay, Hey!

Somebody up there likes you.

What is an amazing contraption like that going for these days
and how did you bring it home?

Terry

Well, He likes me enough to have died for me!

$500 and brought it home on my trailer - there are two arms, each of which hold two wheels, and they both are easily removed.

es

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back