Two Wagon Gears and a Trailer

Bill VA

Two more projects on the table. Two wagon gears, one lighter duty and one very heavy duty from an old wooden kicker wagon. Trailer hauling is 14ft long and belongs to my 84 year old Dad. These will be made into hay wagons.

The trailer is a great example of my Dad's creativity. As he has grown older over the years he has put to work a lot of work smarter, not harder ideas to keep him active. If you notice on the trailer are plastic car ramps. They are bolted/hinged to the tailgate. You can kind of see a manual cranking wench - which he uses to let the tail gate up and down. As you let the gate down, somewhere in the arc, you stop cranking, flip the ramps down and lower everything to the ground. The purpose of the ramps is to hold up the tail gate a bit, extend the ramp and create a shallower ramp angle into the trailer. All this was needed because. Without the ramps, the tailgate was to heavy for my Dad to lift. Then he found his riding lawn tractor's deck would bottom out on the edge of the trailer deck where the gate is hinged or simply spin out due to the steep incline of it - especially if they were damp. Works great and a pretty slick arrangement IMHO - and a dandy trailer for hauling future hay wagon running gears!

Bill
a150685.jpg

How about some ,ore info-picks on that tailgate. I am 73 and have trouble with my tailgate. And a 2 ton gear will handle 100 normal 23" bales with no problem.

How about some ,ore info-picks on that tailgate. I am 73 and have trouble with my tailgate. And a 2 ton gear will handle 100 normal 23" bales with no problem. And we would put 150 bale on a homemade gear made from 2 Ford car axles from 41 to 48 models.

Just remember that wagons parked outside don't last very long. I never have more wagons than I can park under roof.
I am not sure if tarping will do the job? May sweat underneath and rot the flat too.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back