Unknown front hub.

Does anyone know what kind of front hub this is? I thought it was IH but now I'm thinking it's not.

cvphoto164278.jpg

And we are to know that with that pic. Show the whole unit. Like catching a fish and only showing the tail and saying what fish is this.

"And we are to know that with that pic. Show the whole unit. Like catching a fish and only showing the tail and saying what fish is this."

Who's "we"? I get that you don't know but I'm sure someone else will be along shortly that does. Just like you couldn't envision a Schwartz wide front end by me posting a picture of 2/3's of one side of it. If I showed the whole left side of it would you then also need a full picture because you can't envision a front end being symmetrical in your head? You serial posters here really need to get a life.

Here's another hub for you. Guess what it's for? Or do you need 7 different angles of it to tell?

mvphoto110524.jpg

This post was edited by Crookedaxle on 10/06/2023 at 02:36 pm.

What do you want to do? Replace the bearings? If so, take it apart and read the manufacturer and part number on the cones and rollers. Cross reference information is available online.

I will be in the future but I am just curious what it is. I was told it may be from an IH combine? One of the threads is shot and I was just going to replace the hub. I'll probably just fix the threads if it's an uncommon hub or replace with the correct IH one but do not know right now if they'll even go on these unknown spindles/axles.

That looks pretty new to be an IH casting. Would have an IH 9 or 10 digit part number if it were. Look on the back. EWC cast their logo into (if its theirs) .

If youre not concerned about being strictly original, drill
them all out and install studs from the auto parts store. I
always hated lug bolts.

(quoted from post at 23:45:42 10/06/23) If youre not concerned about being strictly original, drill
them all out and install studs from the auto parts store. I
always hated lug bolts.

Yeah, good idea. I've thought about doing that before but forgot about my previous thoughts evidently. LOL

Lug bolts would work a whole lot better if you had more than an 1/8" of an inch length on the diameter to hang the wheel on when installing them. I've cut the heads off of 9/16-18" bolts before to use like studs to get a few bolts started but of course I couldn't find them today.

That picture looks to me like a hub on a Yetter farm wagon I had but what I see of axle does not look like it is.

You're looking at a heavy duty Schwartz front end on a 460 Farmall.

mvphoto110528.jpg

This post was edited by Crookedaxle on 10/06/2023 at 05:16 pm.

There appears to be a number showing out from under
the dirt; wipe it off so the rest of it can be seen.
Sometimes, you can google a number and it comes right
up. Worth a try.

your right i have to guess without seeing the whole tractor. it could be a SUPER W4, SUPER W6, or even SUPER FARMALL M that i have sitting
in my yard with all the same rims, so you better get the 7 different angles posted. lol. as i said thats a tail of a fish , but which one?

and the super farmall M , so can u tell me which hub goes to which tractor? ooh darn i told u already. lol.
cvphoto164294.jpg

''One of the threads is shot and I was just going to replace the hub.''

Simply get a longer lug bolt (a good farm supply store will have them) and put a nut on it on the backside of the hub.

DONE/fixed/repaired/at least as strong as new at very little cost with no machine work or hub replacement needed!

(quoted from post at 04:07:49 10/07/23)
''One of the threads is shot and I was just going to replace the hub.''

Simply get a longer lug bolt (a good farm supply store will have them) and put a nut on it on the backside of the hub.

DONE/fixed/repaired/at least as strong as new at very little cost with no machine work or hub replacement needed!

My OCD would not allow that.

This appears to be what it is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Agricultural-Wheel-Hub-W803-complete-with-bearings-6on6-/301520459662

Methinks a Kory gravity box may have these too?
s-l1600.jpg

W803

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back