unstyled John Deere A

What set up would you guys go with? Just dead weight pulling tractor. 6-1 power block and a flat head, or a .125 over bore stock block and a heisler head? I have both of these options available just wondering if anyone has any experience with these setups. I also have the 6 3/4 crank in the tractor. Thanks GF
 
Are talking about the flat head as the US head?
I didn't think that the US A flat head will bolt up to the 6-1 power block, can't remember.
 
You usually don"t need a lot of power to pull dead weight, unless your going to pull real heavy classes. I did best with a bone stock JD-A, when I put a powerblock in it and upped the horsepower, I quit doing so well. Just my past experience.
 
Yes your right,I shouldn've figured that out? I'll have to use a later styled head. Because the 6-1 wasn't made for the unstyled flat head.
 
I would use the 6-1 power block and a late heisler head if you can find one. Or the JD A4226R (think that the right number).
 
I agree with 2 cyl. If anything get a set of compression slugs in it to get to around 8:1 comp. and work with your weight placement , tire pressure and clutch until all is maximized. 8:1 will give you a quicker responding engine to the governor and a little more power to boot.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top