Update on my runaway wagon

Well I drilled out the tube on the end of the tongue, and the ears on the wagon, and put a 3/4 inch bolt in it.

Turns out that originally there were bronze bushings in the tube, but they were pretty well beat. Drilling it out was an adventure. I didn't want to try holding it in the drill press, so clamped it down and went at it with my old B&D half inch corded drill. Put a long pipe over one handle and two of us managed to hold on to it while it chewed its way through. The drill bit kept catching, because the hole was badly egg shaped.

Drilling the ears on the wagon was harder, no electricity available, so I fought it out with my cordless Ryobi. yanked my wrists a few times, but I got it done.

Neighbor I borrowed it from came to pick up some temporary fence, and I told him about the near wreck. His son in law said was that the one with the lead bolt in it. Turns out they had some problems with it themselves.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back