Update on Petertay's 801!

Lynn Patrick

Last I reported it would run, but what I didn't say was it would run a few seconds & start laboring & the oil pressure would start to drop. I suspected a spun main, so dropped the pan & found a spun center main.
I found an 801 not to far away for less than a crank would have cost & brought it home for repair parts, but decided to see if it would run after sitting for 15 years. Took off all the crappy wiring, ran a wire to the coil, jumped the starter & it runs!
So I recently ran an ad here for a running 172/192 engine. The second day I got a call about a 192 in a golf course mower, so Thursday was 3 1/2 hour drive, 5 hours removing the engine in a salvage yard, & 3 1/2 hours home. Today I installed it & got it started!
Long story, but I now have a very junky looking 801 5 spd & a pretty sharp 801w/192 & SOS that both need the rest of the tractor checked & fixed!
mvphoto98453.jpg

(quoted from post at 21:02:12 10/16/22) What size are the front tires on the 801 SOS?
That's a set of 11L x 15's on wagon rims I found a few years ago. I figured w/the 14.9's on the back it needed more meat on the front!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back