Question ? Do we have any Wizard (Western Auto ) ? I think I have some Wizard 🧙‍♂️ !
How about Penncraft (JC Penny’s ) ?
The best 1/2"drive ratchet I've ever had was a Penncraft. Really small round head with fairly fine teeth for the time. It finally wore out about 10 years ago. Just for fun because I was in the local Penny's store asked about the lifetime warranty. Bear in mind this thing was bought in the sixties and Penny's hasn''t sold tools for a really long time. Surprisingly enough, they told me to go buy an equivalent new ratchet and bring in the receipt for a refund. Bought one at Napa, not nearly as good as the old one, but it seemed equivalent as it is a 'Pro' tool but not Snap On..

I later found a ratchet that looks just like and works like the old one. It is branded SK, so I guess that was the maker for the Penny's tool.
 
J C Penney sourced sockets and drivers (ratchets, hinge handles, and so forth) from New Britain initially, and later from SK.

New Britain marketed their premier tools under the brand names New Britain (primarily, if not exclusively through NAPA) and Blackhawk, and their economy tools (lower-grade finish, same fit and durability) under the names Husky, Mustang, and Sparta (which I believe was also mainly sold through NAPA).

New Britain also branded tools for large retailers such as Penny's.

As a bit of trivia, New Britain's highest-grade flat wrenches had oval shanks, and their economy-grade flat wrenches had raised-panel shanks. SK reversed that order, raised-panel shanks on their premier line of flat wrenches and oval shanks on their economy line, Kraeuter . . . until they introduced a super-premium line under the Super Krome label, which were fully polished and had oval shanks.
 
Latest at garage sale. Lynn

Easco/K-D Tools
Ford
Filson
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0899.jpeg
    IMG_0899.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Another garage sale find. Lynn


CARBURETOR FLANGE & FOR FORDS
GENERATOR ASSEMBLY

5/8 FRANK MOSSBERG CO 9/16
ATTLEBORO MASS U.S.A.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0890.jpeg
    IMG_0890.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0884.jpeg
    IMG_0884.jpeg
    895.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0881.jpeg
    IMG_0881.jpeg
    747 KB · Views: 0
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top