VAC-14 Throttle Linkage

Glenn F.

While it's in a pretty bad spot for taking pictures, does anyone have any pictures of a VAC-14 throttle mechanism they can post? I know mine is missing one piece; maybe more.

Thank you,
Glenn F.

Glenn, go to your local case dealer web site . Like mine is archbold equipment , click on parts , then type in case tractor vac. That will take you to the parts break down of your tractor. I hopee this will help you. Jerry from Ohio

The pin in the second picture that does not have anything hooked to it is for a spring. Seems to work fine without it so I have not put one on it. Sorry about the double post. Lee
a196354.jpg

a196355.jpg

a196356.jpg

a196357.jpg

There were two different throttle linkages which were used on the VAC-14s. The first is a twist-lock cable which pulls a throttle stop lever under the fuel tank. This is the simple one, and the throttle cable t-handle attaches to a bracket on the lower left edge of the dash panel. The second is a lever which sits behind the steering wheel and rotates. This later style is what is shown in the pictures below.

Thanks for the pictures Lee. My tractor has an unused "arm" ahead of the throttle assembly in picture one. It is right above the hook the throttle spring would attach to. What is that arm for (the governor rod goes through it)? I see a purpose for everything else.

Thanks,
Glenn

Is it attached to the front gas tank support? If so it is the arm used on the early style VAC 14 linkage and also on the other late VAC models. It would be a piece of flat stock with a 90 degree bend in it. I was headed out to get another picture but we are having a thunderstorm at the moment. Lee

That is correct. It is not needed with the lever setup. It should have a hole close to the center that would have had a set screw type cable clamp in it . Lee

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back