VAC no longer in bind

Put power take off in gear and turned backward with pipe wrench and got it free. Noise in torque tube so I started turning the belt pulley and it would hang. Drained torque tube and removed belt pully to check gears. I believe one of the bearings gave out in the belt pulley because after removal drive train worked fine. New question...can I put a solid plate over the belt pulley hole and use the tractor as I do not need a belt pully. THANKS TO ALL OF THOSE WHO OFFERED IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS
 
Need to be discing the garden so I am going to cover the hole for now and overhaul the belt pulley later. I amy be like Johhny Cash and get a VAC 1 piece at a time. Respect the folks that made a living with these tractors and pull type implements. Plowed the garden with a trip plow don't know if I could have done twenty acres.
 
Dave,
I have a VT-41 cover that should fit the hole where the belt pulley mounts to the torque tube on your VAC. You are welcome to have it for shipping costs. Email is open. Just let me know if you are interested in it.
Randy
a157270.jpg

a157271.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top