kenbob

I was using my VAC hard today disking. After about an hr and 1/2 it quit. After a few minutes I started it and it ran ok and quit again. This time, I noticed a puf of smoke from the area between the dash and battery. Turns out the 73 year old wiring is toast. Two places where it is completely bare. Still 6v. How heavy a gauge do I need, and does it need to be stranded. I have a bunch of solid wiring laying around. Thanks all!

I ain't screwing around. I went with 10gauge. I was disking for a neighbor about 1/2 mi away when the tractor died and I smelled smoke. Once I got the wire free away from a ground source, I drove home rather than risk it stalling again. Tractor is smarter than me. We were home 20 min when it started to pour down rain. We have had so many false starts on rain, I saw the clouds but thought we would get missed as usual. Smart tractor!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back