Valtra 700 4WD

hurleyjd

Member
I have a Valtra 700 and the front wheels of the 4WD may not be working. How to check? Jack it up with have all wheels off of the ground to see if all wheels are turning. If this proves that the front wheels are not working then if any one is familiar with this tractor where should I start.
 
Putting the tractor in the air will not load the front wheels. that may show they do turn, but it also does not test their ability to pull. I would probably recommend putting the rear wheels on a couple of pieces of wet plywood, and attach the hitch to a heavy truck or tree (with a strong tow strap) then use low gear with MFWD engaged to see if the front wheel dig two holes. This would not take two much time. If you could plow with it the facts would show up right away. Jim
 
I have a Valtra 700 and the front wheels of the 4WD may not be working. How to check? Jack it up with have all wheels off of the ground to see if all wheels are turning. If this proves that the front wheels are not working then if any one is familiar with this tractor where should I start.
You should only need to jack up one front and one rear tire, the differentials will let them turn only one for each end. Having someone holding the front tire and apply some resistance, turn the tractor front wheels away from your helper. This would at least show if it is putting at least some torque to the front. Maybe having some cribbing that the front tire can crawl up might be safer. As long as whatever you have jacking it up won’t be damaged by the motion. Please do be careful!
 
I have a Valtra 700 and the front wheels of the 4WD may not be working. How to check? Jack it up with have all wheels off of the ground to see if all wheels are turning. If this proves that the front wheels are not working then if any one is familiar with this tractor where should I start.
If the tractor has an electrical switch to activate 4WD, it is probably on by default. That's how pretty much every tractor with an electrically shifted 4WD works. When you turn the tractor off, it activates 4WD.

All you need to do is jack up one front wheel with the tractor off, and try to turn it. If you can't turn it, it's in 4WD.

As for expertise on that specific brand and model of tractor, I believe they're serviced by Agco in the United States.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top